The Editorial team at Boardworks is focussed on delivering high quality education resources on our educational platform, Doddle Learn. We strive to enhance student learning and save teachers’ time by providing revision resource and self-marking assessments.
|Job title||Editor (Humanities)|
|Line Manager||Head of Publishing|
|Starting Salary||£21,000 - £25,000|
|Job Type||Proposed FTE|
The Editor helps to create and deliver the educational projects. Responsibilities include creating content, managing suppliers, and working with authored content, briefing artwork, editing, proofreading and correcting content in order to see projects through from delivery to publication. The ideal candidate should have a proven interest in the educational sector, outstanding editorial skills, and a degree in a one of the following subjects: English, History, Geography, Psychology, Sociology or other social science.
The Editor will be able to write content for humanities and social science subjects, present complex concepts simply, and understand how to write and evaluate content for different age levels and abilities to create accessible content.
- The Editor will work on a selection of subjects.
- The Editor will carry out writing, editing, typesetting, and proofreading tasks for multiple projects.
- The Editor will help train newer members of the team and share best practice with all team members to help ensure all work is done to the same high calibre.
- The Editor produces high quality educational content within the project’s schedule and budget.
- The Editor may be responsible for contracting and briefing some external suppliers (authors, proofreaders, audio studios, reviewers) and managing their services.
- Editors may be required to contact customers or potential customers to establish requirements for new content or develop a greater awareness of the market.
- A confident and clear communicator.
- Well-organised and able to work on multiple projects effectively; thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work to a tight deadline and produce quality content quickly.
- Able to take initiative, offering effective solutions to problems.
- A keen eye for detail and good judgement in decision making to prioritise the needs of teachers and students in creating content.
- A keen interest in education and knowledge of UK educational system and the educational content market.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Passion for education
Degree in a humanities or social science subject.
At least one years’ digital editorial experience
At least one year educational editorial experience
Proven copy editing and proofreading skills
Experience working with Photoshop, or other graphic animation software and adept at learning new software quickly
Experience of working with content management systems or e-learning authoring software
Experience working with external authors and other suppliers
Experience working across a range of educational subjects and willingness to work on a wide range of subjects
A-levels in additional humanities and social sciences is ideal
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com