Editor - Humanities
The Editorial team at Boardworks Ltd. is focussed on delivering high quality education resources on our educational platform, Doddle Learn. We strive to enhance student learning and save teachers’ time by providing revision resource and self-marking assessments.
Based in Oxford with supported remote working.
The Editor helps to create and deliver educational resources. Responsible for their own ‘list’ of subjects, the role includes creating content, managing suppliers and working with authored content, briefing artwork, editing, proofreading and correcting content, in order to see projects through to publication.
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level, with previous relevant experience in the Ed Tech space and outstanding editorial skills.
The Editor will be able to write content in their subject areas, present complex concepts simply, and understand how to write and evaluate content for different age levels and abilities.
For more information on our product, please see: https://www.doddlelearn.co.uk/what-is-doddle-homework/
- The Editor will work on a selection of subjects, depending on their list responsibilities.
- The Editor will carry out writing, editing, typesetting and proofreading tasks for multiple projects.
- The Editor will help train newer members of the team and share best practice with all team members to help ensure all work is done to the same high calibre.
- The Editor produces high quality educational content within the project’s schedule and budget.
- The Editor may be responsible for contracting and briefing some external suppliers (authors, proof-readers, audio studios, reviewers) and managing the services provided.
- Editors may be required to contact customers or potential customers to establish requirements for new content or develop a greater awareness of the market.
- A confident and clear communicator.
- Well-organised and able to work on multiple projects effectively; thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work to a tight deadline and produce quality content quickly
- Able to take initiative, offering effective solutions to problems.
- A keen eye for detail and good judgement in decision making to prioritise the needs of teachers and students in creating content.
- A keen interest in education and knowledge of UK educational system and the educational content market.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Passion for education
At least one years’ digital editorial experience
At least one year educational editorial experience
Proven copy editing and proof-reading skills
Experience working with Photoshop, or other graphic animation software and adept at learning new software quickly.
Experience of working with content management systems or e-learning authoring software.
Experience working with external authors and other suppliers.
Experience working across a range of educational subjects and willingness to work on a wide range of subjects.
Reference ID: Nov2020/006
Application deadline: 14/12/20, 8am
Job Types: Full-time, 37.5h per week, Permanent
Salary: £23,080 – £27,741, depending on experience
Please send your detailed cv and application letter, explaining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also see our career’s page for more roles: https://www.doddlelearn.co.uk/careers/