Boardworks is an Oxford-based EdTech and educational publishing business with around 40 staff based in Oxford and around the country. We’re one of the market leading businesses supplying the UK secondary school market with products in over 95% of UK secondary schools. We have a strong focus on international sales with products in 60 countries worldwide; and a New York office which runs the business throughout the US. We’re part of the GL Assessment group, the market leading provider of assessments throughout the UK and internationally.
We come from a background in teaching, are highly commercial and believe passionately in EdTech’s ability to make a difference to educational outcomes. This means that everyone here is 100% focused on producing amazing products with equally amazing efficiency. Decisions get made fast, ideas listened to, and everyone feels ownership. We use Agile.
The development team work alongside product owners, content editors, and Educational Advisers (former teachers and school leaders) to create products that demonstrably improve teaching and learning in school and at home. We have a wide and growing portfolio of products including:
• homework and assessment (www.doddlelearn.co.uk)
• student progress monitoring, analysis and reporting
• teaching content (www.boardworks.co.uk)
• MyPLC: an online, sixth form student self-assessment system
• MyWorks: a mobile-first content platform
• internal tools for our editorial team to produce HTML5 animation and other interactive content; and others, in production.
We’re looking for:
• Track record of delivery, particularly through great soft-skills / team work
• Technical excellence, preferably supported by strong academics
• 3+ years experience
• Great judgement over UX
You'll be working on a wide variety of projects, from simple single page applications, to designing and developing replacements for our extensive catalogue of Flash content using HTML5 technologies. In addition, we also develop and maintain a suite of in-house tools for use by our Editorial team to aid them in creating content for our online platforms.
Ongoing technology choices based on evolving requirements, but currently:
• HTML5: canvas, audio, video, (and svg)
• We also use: Amazon Web Services, C#, C++, Nant, Cruise control.net, Actionscript, Typescript, Visual basic, others
To find out more, call David Blake on 01865 208440, or apply with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org